Top 2017 Bucket-list Destinations

I love travelling and it’s my mum’s fault. I can remember my first time flying at 7 years old. The excitement I felt about taking off  to New York City and how cool I thought I was with my Minnie Mouse luggage.

img_4919

All photos Bratty B

I’m currently deliberating where I want to visit next year. The questions I keep asking myself are, ‘Do I want to hit the tropics?’ ‘Should I visit a new city?’ ‘Is 2017 the year I visit Asia?’ Well, keep reading to find out where I want to go in 2017.

img_4910

img_4912

Wearing: Rag & Bone Jeans from Aritzia, Zara Jacket, Banana Republic Purse, Uniqlo Turtle Neck, Urban Outfitter booties, Kate Spade Bow Bracelet

Las Vegas
I know, I know, I already went this year! But hear me out. My favourite boy band, Backstreet Boys will have their own residency in Las Vegas. Obviously, your girl has to support and cheer them on. Plus I still have some exploring to do in Vegas. The museums, the desert and restaurants…there’s so much more to do that I can’t miss out on.

Alaska
I like active vacations and I really want to go on a cold vacation. The chance to go dog sledding or snowmobiling really gets me going. So Alaska obviously made it on to my list. Apparently, there are cruises that you can go on to see whales as they migrate. I would probably bawl the entire time. Sign me up!

img_4918

Alberta
Have you seen the pictures? Someone could post a picture of a garbage can in a field and it would look like a postcard or a painting. It’s ridiculous. And I can’t wait to get my own shots while marvelling in awe of the gorgeous scenery. I’m getting excited thinking about all of the hiking opportunities.

img_4927

Iceland
From the lagoon to the black sand beaches, Iceland seems like a world of its own. While there has been an uptake in popularity, Iceland still seems like a cool spot to explore. When I connected to Europe from Iceland I was impressed with the washrooms in the airport alone! Should I write about my WOW Air experience?

img_4917

But for now, this little bird is grounded until the travel bug bites me again.  Comment below to let me know where you will or want to be heading in 2017.

20 Comments

1. October 25, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Go to Iceland. I got back yesterday and am currently working on a few Iceland posts! Beautiful country! You have an epic list though, hope you get through it all!

• Elaisha
      October 25, 2016 / 1:35 pm

I hope I get there too. I’ve heard its amazing. Please be sure to email or tweet me your Iceland posts, I’d love to see them.

2. October 25, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Girllll, you know who your little travel buddy is…
    It ME!!!

Vegas here we come!

• Elaisha
      October 25, 2016 / 1:59 pm

You know it, boo! I might lose my voice at BSB though, you’ve been warned.

3. October 25, 2016 / 2:00 pm

I love your look. So chic. Especially that quilted jacket. Who knew Zara had such cute finds? Gorgeous photos.

• Elaisha
      October 25, 2016 / 4:19 pm

Thank you! You’re so kind. And in Barcelona Zara was my *spot*. I loved the selection.

4. October 25, 2016 / 2:57 pm

Yes all good choices. I’ve wanted to go to Alaska for a while, but it is so expensive and stuck out so far from everywhere else.
    Iceland is worth the effort and getting really popular.
    Canada is celebrating an anniversary next year and all their national parks are free. And free is always good.

• Elaisha
      October 25, 2016 / 4:19 pm

So true it is, but I’ve heard it’s truly worth it. I want to get there before it’s too popular. Yes! I think I’ll try to make it out west during the anniversary celebrations.

5. October 25, 2016 / 4:32 pm

I like the way you think! And Hey who wouldn’t want to go see the backstreet boys, so Vegas it is! Dog Sledding in Alaska also sounds like a treat! Have fun in 2017 and safe travels!

6. October 25, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Loooove Alaska and Iceland, they’re both way up top on my bucket list! Though, to be fair, they’re all pretty good choices, anyways.

7. October 25, 2016 / 9:48 pm

Iceland seems to be on everyone’s mind lately (mine too!). It’s definitely on my list for 2017. I’d also love to hit up some countries in South America like Chile & Peru. I haven’t been to Alberta yet but I just googled it after what you said and I definitely want to go there too. Too many places, too little time 😉

• Elaisha
      October 25, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Right? And the people most obsessed are those who have been already. I really want to visit. Alberta is beautiful! I can’t wait to visit.

8. October 26, 2016 / 2:32 am

Iceland is becoming super popular lately! And I can totally see why, it is high on our list as well.
    Next year we are going to spend three weeks in Mexico and hopefully run a marathon in Berlin, that’s what we have planned for now.

• Elaisha
      October 26, 2016 / 8:54 am

Right? I really want to visit. I’ve wanted to for a while (I’m a fan of Icelandic cinema) but I’ve never had the chance to go. Fingers crossed for next year!

9. October 26, 2016 / 5:12 am

Oh, these are great picks. I have been to all but Alaska (though I can’t wait, looks incredible). I lived in Banff, Alberta for a year and it truly is stunning, you will love it. I also just returned from Iceland and it really is like another world. Great choices, 2017 will be epic!

• Elaisha
      October 26, 2016 / 8:54 am

I’m super jealous! Banff is apparently gorgeous. Thank you! I hope I’ll have the opportunity to make it out to a few of these magical places.

10. October 26, 2016 / 7:27 am

I’m with you on Las Vegas!I’ve been to the East Coast … haven’t explored the West Coast Yet. I also want to go to Central America or South America, basically any Latin American country. It would probably take me 24 hours to reach there, but I really need to do it. Its good that you’ve already planned where you are going. I’m gonna make a list once our December holiday gets over.

• Elaisha
      October 26, 2016 / 4:46 pm

Please do! The west coast is my fave. You should definitely try. I’ve heard Central and South America are amazing. Please do send along your list if you post it. I’d love to see it.

11. October 26, 2016 / 10:20 am

These are a great bucket list! I love Alberta, being Canadian and highly recommend it to you! Alaska is also definitely one on my list. I hope to do a cruise there someday. I wish you the best of luck in ticking each off 🙂

• Elaisha
      October 26, 2016 / 4:44 pm

Same! The cruises look amazing. Thank you for stopping by.